Thursday, 18 September 2008

Ergo I became comfortable

She's still here... she's from a company that makes sure an office working environment is good and comfortable, ergonomically speaking.

I write this blog after my table was adjusted in height and my chair adjusted in many aspects that I didn't know could be adjusted in the first place!

She turned off the tubelight that scorch-bright my eyes, that I'm sometimes tempted to wear my RayBans while at work! (I take pity on my fellow workers and other humans and never give in to this temptation)

She not only took care of my back, shoulders and arms, she also made sure I don't hurt my eyes too much. (Almost 7 hours in front of the computer can be killing!)

When I was working at Just Dial, I would curse my work table! My right shoulder used to hurt perpetually. I would want to stretch every few minutes. One can't do much in those situations. The tables are the same everywhere. It's the same height. And even if they can be adjusted in height, not many know it can be done, let alone getting down to doing it!

Some (more) advantages of having lesser population and more workspace! You can have a customised table and chair settings! :)


Earlier this morning...
Some of us volunteered (Jola and me were dragged by Chrisje) to model for the pictures that are going to be used for the new website for Laurea, Leppavaara. We were made-up and asked to get two more options for tops/shirts.
I did all that and some of us were asked to sit, stand here, pose.. vagera vagera, all in groups of three of four... then it was my turn and the photographer and designer asked me to step aside. "We will let you know when we need you"
I wasn't needed ever! I just sat there on the side foolishly, while the others were being shot.

I figured that it was something to do with colour, cos there was a boy from Ghana. Maybe there was too much brown in one place! Who knows!

But I was the ONLY one to not get shot! It pricked me a little, but tried not to think of stupid reasons.

At lunch people asked me how the photoshoot was. So I told them that I was saved, never got shot! "I was probably too pretty for the picture" just to console myself.
When one Finn woman replied that it wouldn't have been too credible to put a model in the photos!
She implied that I was like a model.
So you are all allowed 2 minutes of laughter to that bit .........................................................................................................................................

Are you done laughing?

Alright so moving on. I met with the colleague of the person who said the earlier 'statement'. She said I don't know why they didn't shoot you. It would've been good to have you in our pictures. You have a beautiful face!

It felt good to know that, but I know some of you who might want to laugh to that one too. So..

.........................................................................................................................................

I'm sure they also meant that they need an Indian face in their website and other publicity material. "See, we have exotic people coming from far off places to study and work here!"

I learned later that they were looking for some blonde hair too. The composition had too much black haired people. Hmm.. so I was almost right but I never thought of the hair! Don't know if the reason I learned of was specific to me. But in the afternoon session, some people were asked to step aside too. (But it still stands that I was the only one from my group to not have been shot!)

Do you think I should go blonde with my hair? Hmmm...

Nightmares, anybody?

2 comments:

Anuj said...

i know...so many such incidents must have happened to you in you life...and this will be the n-th time...but the beauty is that you still present it in a lovely way and make us laugh...how do you manage to do that? are you sure you are happy?

Anusha said...

Yeah I am happy!
:)